🇺🇸 Only available for US-based bank accounts.
A Subscription automatically bills the client based on the Pricing Plan. This can be thought of like a membership. To add a client to a Subscription, first, you need to create a Product and Pricing Plan.
Once you have the Product, you can set up the Pricing Plan. Pricing Plans define how clients are billed for the Product (Online Training Monthly). You may want to add more than one depending on frequency, features, or other options you offer.
Then, choose a client and subscribe them to a Pricing Plan.
From there, you can edit the details of the client's Subscription including payment information, additional tax, starting and ending dates, and the monthly billing cycle.
When you're all set, click "Start subscription"! Then, your client will receive an email to let them know they've been added and to update their billing info.
Information that can be found in Subscriptions includes:
- Subscription status (active vs. inactive)
- Clients' payment details (ability to update billing info as needed)
- Past and upcoming invoices
Clients with Multiple Subscriptions
You might be wondering, "can my clients have multiple subscriptions at once?" Yes they can!
- A client can have multiple Subscriptions as long as they are associated with different Products or Pricing Plans (this is useful when using plans with different billing intervals).
- Clients can NOT have two Subscriptions with the same Pricing Plan.
What are the processing fees?
- When you create a Subscription for your client, each invoice will incur Stripe’s processing fee of 2.9% + $.30 per successful credit card transaction. This is calculated by the invoice total which includes tax.
Can I process one-time payments?
- We don’t have one-time payments quite yet; however, you can create a Subscription and set the cancel date to occur prior to the next billing date. This will charge your client on the Subscription start date only. 👍
Can I prorate Subscriptions?
- You sure can! When adding a Subscription for a client, you have full control over their billing cycle. As a coach, you may prefer to bill clients on a specific day like the 1st or 15th so you have a consistent payment schedule. What happens when a client wants to start on a day other than the 1st or the 15th? This is when automatic proration comes in handy. Click here to learn more about how to set these up!
Can I add tax to a Subscription?
- While we can't tell you how much tax to charge based on your location and service, you can add tax to your clients' Subscription payments. Read how to do that here.
Can I mark a payment as paid in cash?
- We do not currently have this functionality. Coming soon! 💪